Nicaraguan style Chop Suey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Shred chicken with your fingers.
- 2Cut all vegetables into thin strips and keep separate the carrots, cabbage, onion and peppers.
- 3Heat stove at medium/high temp and add 2 Tbsp olive oil to a deep pot. Melt a stick of butter.
- 4Heat a second deep pot and add 2 Tbsp olive oil. Melt half a stick of butter
- 5Place the onion and all the peppers in pot # 2.
- 6Place the cabbage in pot # 1.
- 7Constantly stir all vegetables in both pots.
- 8When the onions are translucent, add the carrots.
- 9When the carrots are soft, add the cooked chicken.
- 10When all is mixed, add the ketchup and soy sauce.
- 11Stir frequently.
- 12When the cabbage is soft, combine pot # 2 with pot # 1.
- 13Lower the heat to medium or med/low making sure the vegetables don’t get too soft.
- 14Add lemon juice.
- 15Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. (add 1/4 cup ketchup, 1 tsp salt, etc. depending on the size of the cabbage.).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chop Suey Nicaragüense
Serving Size: 1 (367 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.6
- Calories from Fat 279
- Total Fat 31.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 117.2 mg
- Sodium 1236.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 28.9 g