Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Nicaraguan style Chop Suey.
Make and share this Chop Suey Nicaragüense recipe from Food.com.
- Shred chicken with your fingers.
- Cut all vegetables into thin strips and keep separate the carrots, cabbage, onion and peppers.
- Heat stove at medium/high temp and add 2 Tbsp olive oil to a deep pot. Melt a stick of butter.
- Heat a second deep pot and add 2 Tbsp olive oil. Melt half a stick of butter
- Place the onion and all the peppers in pot # 2.
- Place the cabbage in pot # 1.
- Constantly stir all vegetables in both pots.
- When the onions are translucent, add the carrots.
- When the carrots are soft, add the cooked chicken.
- When all is mixed, add the ketchup and soy sauce.
- Stir frequently.
- When the cabbage is soft, combine pot # 2 with pot # 1.
- Lower the heat to medium or med/low making sure the vegetables don’t get too soft.
- Add lemon juice.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. (add 1/4 cup ketchup, 1 tsp salt, etc. depending on the size of the cabbage.).