1/5 Photos of Chop Suey Cake
Jane from Ohio's Note:
My Aunt sent me this recipe about 15 years ago from the Detroit Free Press. This cake is so-o-o-o-o delicious. Everytime I make this cake, someone always asks for the recipe. It's also easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml flour
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 566.99 g can crushed pineapple, undrained (I use the natural juice pineapple)
- 236.59 ml walnuts, chopped
- 118.29 ml grated coconut
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 473.18 ml confectioners' sugar
- 29.58 ml milk
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- chopped nuts, for garnish
- 1In large bowl, do not use mixer, combine flour, sugar, eggs baking soda, pineapple and can juices, walnuts and coconut.
- 2Mix with a wooden spoon until thoroughly moistened and combined.
- 3Pour into greased 9x13 inch pan.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes until brown on top.
- 5Remove from oven and place on wire rack.
- 6Mix cream cheese and butter together until well blended.
- 7Gradually add confectioners sugar, milk and vanilla.
- 8Spread icing on cake while cake is still warm.
- 9Top with chopped nuts.
- 10Cool cake completely and refrigerate until serving time.
- 11Store leftovers in the refregerator.
- 12Makes about 20 servings.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chop Suey Cake
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.3
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.0 mg
- Sodium 201.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 26.2 g
- Protein 4.0 g