Recipe by Jane from Ohio
My Aunt sent me this recipe about 15 years ago from the Detroit Free Press. This cake is so-o-o-o-o delicious. Everytime I make this cake, someone always asks for the recipe. It's also easy to make.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained (I use the natural juice pineapple)
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated coconut
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- chopped nuts, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, do not use mixer, combine flour, sugar, eggs baking soda, pineapple and can juices, walnuts and coconut.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until thoroughly moistened and combined.
- Pour into greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes until brown on top.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack.
- Mix cream cheese and butter together until well blended.
- Gradually add confectioners sugar, milk and vanilla.
- Spread icing on cake while cake is still warm.
- Top with chopped nuts.
- Cool cake completely and refrigerate until serving time.
- Store leftovers in the refregerator.
- Makes about 20 servings.