Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a little different from the chinese chop suey you usually find in chinese restaurants, but it is still really good.
- Brown chop suey meat. Cover with water. Add celery and onion.
- Add chop suey vegetables and other vegetables if desired (see note).
- Add soy sauce.
- Simmer 45 minutes.
- Add bouillon cubes and brown gravy sauce. Stir.
- Thicken gravy using corn starch if desired.
- Note: I have added bean sprouts, mushrooms, and extra water chestnuts before because I like them. I have also tasted this without thinkening gravy before. My opinion this recipe tastes more similar to chinese restaurants without thickening gravy, but is delicious either way.