Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
The name for this salad comes from the fact that all the vegetables are chopped or diced! A wonderfully colorful and tasty side dish perfect with curry or anything else that may be on your menu!
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper (or red if you prefer)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced scallions or 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 -2 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- chopped chives (optional)
- chopped parsley (optional)
- 2 -3 tablespoons vinegar or 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash fresh ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
- Stir thoroughly and chill.
- Serve as salad or relish (chutney).
- **You may leave out celery, green pepper, or cucumber if desired, or unavailable.
This is even better if let to stand chilled for a few hours. I used 1 large tomato, 2 lebanese cucumbers, 1 green pepper, 1 red pepper, 1 bunch green ononions, parsley, chives, red wine vinegar, and added a little left over raw cauliflower I had. Very refreshing, versatile, and easy.
Had this last night with Beef and Onions in Barbecue Sauce, really good! Used a red pepper, red onion,two cups of tomatoes also used balsamic vinegar and a splash of extra virgin olive oil. We both enjoyed it very much!I'm going to drain the dressing off the leftovers and put the leftovers on a roast chicken sandwich for my lunch today!
What a great way to get my veggies!I halved the recipe and added just a touch more sugar. It was lovely. Then later I added about 1 tbls. of mayonaise. That was good too. I ended up eating the whole salad myself!