Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Submitted for RSC#9. Original instructions forgot to include the five spice powder with the other ingredients in the blender. I also forgot to include that I always use low sodium soy sauce. These changes have been updated. You can also use any chicken pieces you desire including breasts, thighs, wings, etc. For more pronounced flavour, marinade the chicken overnight in a ziploc bag and then proceed with step 3. This recipe can also be made in a crockpot.
- Combine first 9 ingredients into a blender and pulse until blended smooth.
- Pour mixture over chicken in a 9X13 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is done.
- Serves 6-8. The sauce is wonderful over rice.
- If desired, remove chicken from baking pan and pour the sauce into a medium saucepan and add 2-3 tsp cornstarch. Cook over medium heat until slightly thickened. Pour over chicken and serve.
- To make in crockpot, cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hours.
This was a wonderful recipe! Delicious chicken with an asian flavour which is not overpowering or too spicy. Everyone has loved this recipe and it was so easy to make that it deserves 6 stars.
Easy, delicious and always popular. I have made it following the recipe, but now I do the following substitutions: Bragg's Liquid Aminos for the soy sauce, demererra for the brown sugar, and arrowroot powder for the cornstarch.
I love this recipe. Yum!
I prepared this in a crock pot at work, for the pot luck supper on Xmas eve, using all skinless thighs. Everyone liked it! At home I will use a bit more orange rind, and Mrs. Dash too, for my personal taste. thank you!