Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from Hungry Girl, and according to her only has 293 calories vs the 437 that food.com calculates! Don't know where the discrepancy is since there isn't added cooking oil? Yet it still manages to taste good. The 30 minute prep time includes the 15 minutes of marinating time. Quick, easy, and yummy!
- 118.29 ml nonfat beef broth
- 7.39 ml cornstarch
- 7.39 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped (1/2 tablespoon)
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 113.39 g filet mignon (leanest cut available)
- 0.25 ml salt
- 473.18 ml broccoli florets
- 236.59 ml mushroom, sliced
- 236.59 ml sugar snap pea
- 29.58 ml scallions, chopped, plus thinly sliced scallions, for serving (optional)
- In a bowl, combine beef broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, garlic, and red pepper. Whisk until cornstarch dissolves. Set aside.
- Season beef with salt and thinly slice. Add to the bowl and toss to coat. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add broccoli, sugar snap peas, mushrooms, scallions, and 1/4 cup of the marinade from the beef. Stirring occasionally, cook until broccoli softens, about 3 minutes.
- Add beef and remaining marinade. Stirring occasionally, cook until beef is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve it up and season to taste with additional salt and garnish with sliced scallions, if using. Enjoy!
This recipe is 5 stars for easy and 4 stars because I feel that there was some spice missing. I will definitely double the crushed red pepper next time. 1 serving of this is huge. I made 5 servings for dinner and there was enough to feed 10 easily. Thanks for a quick and nutritious stir fry. Made for Went To The Market Game.
Ended up a nice quick meal. Though it states 1 serving it was plenty for myself, and the 2 kids. Made this as written, though I left out the scallions, and halved the red pepper flakes. Very flavorful too. Made for a quickie dinner. Made for PRMR tag.