Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Cooking Healthy Across America.
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 113.39 g uncooked cellophane noodles
- 29.58 ml sesame oil
- 9.85 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 14.78 ml toasted sesame seeds, divided
- 9.85 ml rice wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 226.79 g sirloin beef, sliced thinly
- 14.79 ml canola oil, divided
- 236.59 ml shredded cabbage
- 1 medium Spanish onion, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 473.18 ml torn spinach
- Soak mushrooms in cold water for 20 minutes. Drain and cut into thin strips.
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse in cold water, then cut into 4-5" length.
- Mix sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, 2 teaspoons, sesame seeds, rice wine, garlic, and pepper in a bowl.
- Add half of mixture to sirloin in another bowl; mix and set aside.
- Reserve other half of sauce.
- Heat 1 teaspoon canola oil in skillet or wok over medium-high heat and saute cabbage, onion, carrot, and onions stirring frequently for about 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and saute for 1 additional minute.
- Add mushrooms and noodles and remove from heat.
- Mix well and put in serving bowl; set aside.
- Heat remaining canola oil in skillet, add sirloin and cook until done.
- Add to vegetables and noodles.
- Add reserved sauce and mix well.
Delish. Just like I grew up with. I leave out the cabbage and add zuchini when I have it.
02-11-07 It was delicious. Thank you, Tropher. It was my also my first try with this chop chae. We all enjoyed it.