From Cooking Healthy Across America.
Make and share this Chop Chae (Korean Mixed Vegetables With Beef and Noodles) recipe from Food.com.
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 4 ounces uncooked cellophane noodles
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds, divided
- 2 teaspoons rice wine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lb sirloin beef, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 medium Spanish onion, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups torn spinach
- Soak mushrooms in cold water for 20 minutes. Drain and cut into thin strips.
- Cook noodles in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse in cold water, then cut into 4-5" length.
- Mix sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, 2 teaspoons, sesame seeds, rice wine, garlic, and pepper in a bowl.
- Add half of mixture to sirloin in another bowl; mix and set aside.
- Reserve other half of sauce.
- Heat 1 teaspoon canola oil in skillet or wok over medium-high heat and saute cabbage, onion, carrot, and onions stirring frequently for about 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and saute for 1 additional minute.
- Add mushrooms and noodles and remove from heat.
- Mix well and put in serving bowl; set aside.
- Heat remaining canola oil in skillet, add sirloin and cook until done.
- Add to vegetables and noodles.
- Add reserved sauce and mix well.
Delish. Just like I grew up with. I leave out the cabbage and add zuchini when I have it.
02-11-07 It was delicious. Thank you, Tropher. It was my also my first try with this chop chae. We all enjoyed it.