Recipe by jenna in gf
A chocolate cake thats not to chocolately. Tastes good on its own or with a bit of icing.
- 1 cup hard margarine or 1 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut margarine into chunks in medium saucepan.
- Add water and cocoa.
- Heat, stirring oftern until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Beat eggs together in medium bowl until frothy.
- Add vanilla and baking soda.
- Stir milk and vinegar together in small cup let stand for 5 minutes to sour.
- Add to egg mixture.
- Add butter mixture and beat on low.
- Add flour, sugar and salt.
- Beat on low to mix, Batter will be thin.
- Turn into 2 greased 8 inch (20cm) round cake pans.
- Bake in 350 F (175 C) oven for about 20 minutes until wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool, and ice as you please.
- VARIATION: Works well as a slab cake pour batter into greased 9 x 13 inch (22 x 33 cm) pan.
- Bake in 350 F (175 C) oven for about 30 minutes.