1/2 Photos of Choose Your Vegetable, Low-fat soup
I've tried this recipe with broccoli, cauliflower, and leeks (the white parts of three large) as well as combinations of them all, but am sure it would work with many other vegetables. It is a great way to get rid of extra veg, as well as a very healthy starter course to a meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add all to large pot and bring to a boil.
- 2Simmer uncovered until vegetables are soft and liquid has cooked down to about 2/3 of original.
- 3Puree with hand blender.
- 4Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Freezes well.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Choose Your Vegetable, Low-fat soup
Serving Size: 1 (523 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 89.2
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 47.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium chicken bouillon cubes