Recipe by Debber
Follow the basic recipe then skip down to the various seasoning options to mix-n-match what goes with your salad, soup or meal. Life never has to be boring again!
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
I made these last night and thought they were great. In fact, I kept snacking on them during the day ~ they are that good! I made the original recipe using a loaf of sourdough and they came out wonderful ~ I did have to bake about 20 minutes total to get them nice and crispy. Thanks so much for posting a keeper ~ no need to buy them anymore!!!
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300.
- Melt butter; remove from heat, stir in garlic powder (or other seasoning).
- Cut French (or Italian) bread loaf into 1/2-inch slices, then into cubes; place in large bowl.
- Drizzle garlic-butter over bread cubes, tossing lightly.
- Spread cubes in a single layer on a cookie sheet or cake pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, stir; bake for 5 more minutes, stir again & check to see if the cubes are dry & crispy.
- SEASONING OPTIONS: Use seasoning ingredients listed below--instead of the garlic listed above. All other directions remain the same!
- Parmesan Croutons: 3 T. Parmesan, grated; 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder.
- Dill Croutons: 1 teaspoons dill weed.
- Cajun Croutons: 1 teaspoons Cajun seasoning.
- Onion Croutons: 1/4 teaspoons onion powder.
- Mustard Croutons: 1 teaspoons dry mustard, 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder.
- Herby Croutons: 1 teaspoons basil, 1 teaspoons oregano, 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder.
- Pizza Croutons: 1 teaspoons basil, 1 teaspoons oregano, 1/2 teaspoons chili powder, 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder.
- Now--come up with some of your own!