1/3 Photos of Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Crunchy Croutons
Follow the basic recipe then skip down to the various seasoning options to mix-n-match what goes with your salad, soup or meal. Life never has to be boring again!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Basic Garlicky Croutons
- 1Preheat oven to 300.
- 2Melt butter; remove from heat, stir in garlic powder (or other seasoning).
- 3Cut French (or Italian) bread loaf into 1/2-inch slices, then into cubes; place in large bowl.
- 4Drizzle garlic-butter over bread cubes, tossing lightly.
- 5Spread cubes in a single layer on a cookie sheet or cake pan.
- 6Bake for 10 minutes, stir; bake for 5 more minutes, stir again & check to see if the cubes are dry & crispy.
- 7SEASONING OPTIONS: Use seasoning ingredients listed below--instead of the garlic listed above. All other directions remain the same!
- 8Parmesan Croutons: 3 T. Parmesan, grated; 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder.
- 9Dill Croutons: 1 teaspoons dill weed.
- 10Cajun Croutons: 1 teaspoons Cajun seasoning.
- 11Onion Croutons: 1/4 teaspoons onion powder.
- 12Mustard Croutons: 1 teaspoons dry mustard, 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder.
- 13Herby Croutons: 1 teaspoons basil, 1 teaspoons oregano, 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder.
- 14Pizza Croutons: 1 teaspoons basil, 1 teaspoons oregano, 1/2 teaspoons chili powder, 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder.
- 15Now--come up with some of your own!
Browse Our Top Midwestern U.S. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Midwestern U.S. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Crunchy Croutons
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.1
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 828.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 18.1 g