Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another simple and great cake to make for a late breakfast or a potluck at work. You choose your own pie filling but we personnally like cherry or peach.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups flour (may need a little more to make batter thick enough to spread)
- 1 (21 ounce) can pie filling, your choice
- Mix everything together but the pie filling in a large bowl.
- Spread 1/2 of batter in greased and floured 13x9 pan.
- Pour can of pie filling over the top.
- Spread remaining dough over filling.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool slightly and if desired, spread with butter cream frosting or drizzle with glaze.
I made this with apple cranberry filling and added a strussel top. Yummy. I will make this again.
Really a versatile recipe. I used cherry pie filling. I would have liked a bit more flavour from the 'cake' part and next time I think I'll add a bit of vanilla extract and perhaps some almond too, cause that really would compliment the cherries nicely. I would love to try this with tinned peaches as we can't get peach pie filling here and look forward to trying this again soon.