1/1 Photo of Choose Your Crust Creamy Cheesecake
8 hrs 30 mins
Roxygirl in Colorado's Note:
This recipe makes the creamiest NY style cheesecake! It is a family secret recipe that luckily fell into my hands! It is told in her authoritative voice, "Don't touch that oven!" Don't worry, it actually is very easy to put together, and definitely worth it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
New York Style Crust
- 236.59 ml sifted all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml butter
- 1 slightly beaten egg yolk
- 1.23 ml vanilla
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1Choose A Crust-.
- 2New York Style Crust:.
- 3Combine first two ingredients, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- 4Add egg yolk and vanilla.
- 5Blend thoroughly.
- 6Pat dough on sides and bottom of 10 inch springform pan.
- 7Bake at 350 degrees about 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- 8Let Cool.
- 9Graham Cracker Crust:.
- 10In a medium bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar.
- 11Press remaining mixture firmly into bottom and sides of a 10 inch pie pan.
- 12Bake at 350 degrees oven 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- 14Combine flour and sugar and set aside.
- 15Beat 1 egg at a times, very slowly, into the softened cream cheese.
- 16Very slowly, add the flour/sugar, then the vanilla, and cream.
- 17If necessary, speed up the beating until VERY creamy.
- 18Pour batter into a 10 inch (preferably non-stick) springform pan.
- 19Bake at 500 degrees (DO NOT PREHEAT OVEN!)for exactly 10 minutes.
- 20Then reduce oven to 200 degrees. (DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR AT ANY POINT).
- 21Bake for 1 hour.
- 22Turn off oven (STILL DON'T TOUCH THAT OVEN DOOR).
- 23LET SIT FOR AT LEAST 6 HOURS, OR OVERNIGHT.
- 24Then, refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours.
- 25This is a time temperature sensitive recipe. The cheesecake may crack when cooling, but this is easily concealed with a fresh whipped cream topping or strawberries/blueberries.
- 26This will last in fridge for well over a week, if kept airtight.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Choose Your Crust Creamy Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.0
- Calories from Fat 378
- Total Fat 42.1 g
- Saturated Fat 23.5 g
- Cholesterol 201.8 mg
- Sodium 416.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 36.7 g
- Protein 9.2 g