Recipe by Roxygirl in Colorado
This recipe makes the creamiest NY style cheesecake! It is a family secret recipe that luckily fell into my hands! It is told in her authoritative voice, "Don't touch that oven!" Don't worry, it actually is very easy to put together, and definitely worth it!
Top Review by snowangel
This a wonderfu,l smooth and creamy cheesecake. I used the graham crust this time but plan to try the new York style crust next time. I served it at my husbands birthday party and everyone loved the flavour and texture. Thanks for another awesome recipe Roxygirl!!
New York Style Crust
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 slightly beaten egg yolk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 6 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Choose A Crust-.
- New York Style Crust:.
- Combine first two ingredients, cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Add egg yolk and vanilla.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Pat dough on sides and bottom of 10 inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let Cool.
- Graham Cracker Crust:.
- In a medium bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar.
- Press remaining mixture firmly into bottom and sides of a 10 inch pie pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees oven 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Combine flour and sugar and set aside.
- Beat 1 egg at a times, very slowly, into the softened cream cheese.
- Very slowly, add the flour/sugar, then the vanilla, and cream.
- If necessary, speed up the beating until VERY creamy.
- Pour batter into a 10 inch (preferably non-stick) springform pan.
- Bake at 500 degrees (DO NOT PREHEAT OVEN!)for exactly 10 minutes.
- Then reduce oven to 200 degrees. (DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR AT ANY POINT).
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Turn off oven (STILL DON'T TOUCH THAT OVEN DOOR).
- LET SIT FOR AT LEAST 6 HOURS, OR OVERNIGHT.
- Then, refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours.
- This is a time temperature sensitive recipe. The cheesecake may crack when cooling, but this is easily concealed with a fresh whipped cream topping or strawberries/blueberries.
- This will last in fridge for well over a week, if kept airtight.