Recipe by gardner.charles
This is Jewish dish that is usually served on Shabath. This recipe to me is the greatest. I found it on Chabad.org. I don't know if this recipe is by Rebbetzin Esther Winner or not. You'll have a great success the vary first time. I can't get enough of it, so I don't wait till Sabbath to enjoy it.
- 1 cup kidney bean
- 1 cup navy beans
- 1 cup pinto beans
- 1⁄2 cup baby lima beans
- 1⁄2 cup barley
- 2 beef bones
- 2 -3 lbs beef roast (arm or chuck)
- 3 small diced onions
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 8 medium potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak beans overnight. Drain and discard any stones. Place beans in 8 quart pot and cover the top of the beans with an inch of water.
- Sear your beef roast and leave whole. Place beef roast and beef bones into pot.
- Dice the onions and mince the garlic, chop cilantro.
- Combined remaining ingredients except for potatoes into a food processor and mix. Put mixture over meat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer/low and allow to cook for 3 hours.
- Add potatoes and allow to cook for one hour more.
- Before Shabbos, place the pot on the blech and add one inch of water above the ingredients. For a pareve cholent omit the meat and meat bones.