Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Colorado State Forestry Service.
- 4 cups cooked apples (pulp)
- 2 cups cooked chokecherries (pulp)
- 5 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- Prepare pulp of both fruits first by putting cooked fruit (unsweetened) through a sieve or food mill into a large saucepan.
- Heat to a boil, stirring carefully to prevent scorching.
- Add sugar.
- Stir constantly until it just begins to thicken.
- Add extract and blend.
- Ladle into sterilized hot jars to within 1/4 inch of the top of jar.
- Wipe rims.
- Adjust lids.
- Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes at 5,000 feet or 15 minutes above 6,000 feet.
- Remove from canner and place upside down on cooling rack until cool.