Recipe by stardust_331
Chocolate, hazelnut and strawberry flavors combine to become an awesome campfire dessert and will be loved by both kids AND adults - it tastes so gourmet you'll forget you're camping! I originally had the filling in a crepe but found that it translates extremely well to the pie iron. Nutella is an Italian chocolate hazelnut spread usually found in the peanut butter/jelly aisle. The strawberry jam can be substituted with sliced fresh strawberries, or bananas would work nicely as well. The amounts listed below might be a little off, I generally put a generous smear of each ingredient (except butter) on each slice of bread. If you are cooking this without a pie iron, then fry it on the stove, like a grilled cheese. If you have the opportunity, microwave the Nutella for 10 seconds to make it easier to spread.
- 2 slices bread
- 1 teaspoon butter (stick, spread or spray)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons nutella
- 2 teaspoons strawberry jam (or 2 large fresh strawberries)
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter two slices of bread and put the bread, butter side down into the pie iron. If you want, some sugar can be sprinkled on the butter before placing the bread in the iron.
- Spread Nutella on one half - not too much, or whatever comes out of the sides out will burn.
- Either slice up some strawberries and bananas and place that on the hazelnut or spread strawberry jam on the other slice. Place the pie iron on the fire and cook until each side is browned and the filling is warm, about 2 - 3 minutes per side.