1/1 Photo of Chocolava Cookies
Izzy Knight's Note:
"This fudgy cookie flattens and crackles open during baking, hence the lava reference." An awesome chocolate fudge cookie recipe by Julie Van Rosendaal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- 3In large bowl, combine flour, sugars, cocoa, baking powder, and salt, breaking up any lumps.
- 4Stir in butter until mixture is combined and crumbly.
- 5Add egg whites and vanilla, stir by hand until dough comes together.
- 6Place a few tablespoons of icing sugar in shallow dish.
- 7Roll dough into 1 1/2 inch balls, then roll in icing sugar to coat.
- 8Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- 9Bake 12 to 14 minutes.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolava Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (767 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.4
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 64.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 1.5 g