Recipe by litldarlin
This fudgy cookie, names for its cracked, lava-like appearance, is a chocolate lover's dream. I made these this past weekend, for my Craft Nite get-together. There wasn't any left over for my late night snacking. I hope you enjoy these cookies.
Top Review by SexyBaker614
Great quick cookies that are perfect for a chocolate craving when chocolate chips arent around. They are easy to overbake tho so I only cooked them at 12 minutes exactly then let them sit on the pan for a bit before taking them off.
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup trans fat-free margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- confectioners' sugar, for rolling
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt, breaking up any lumps of brown sugar.
- Stir in margarine until mixture is well combined and crumbly. (This part can be done in a food processor.)
- Add egg whites and vanilla extract.
- Stir by hand just until dough comes together.
- Place a few heaping spoonfuls of confectioners' sugar into shallow dish.
- Roll dough into 1½" balls, and then roll balls in sugar to coat.
- Place 2" apart on baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, until just set around edges but still soft in the middle.
- Transfer to rack to cool.