Prep 15 mins
Cook 23 mins
deliciousness to the tee! a cookish bar thing...
- 2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers (50 wafers)
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Cookie Base.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In bowl, combinewafers, brown sugar and butter. Press into cookie sheet (10x15 inches or smaller). Bake at 350 for 8 minutes.
- Toffee Layer.
- in saucepan combine butter and brown sugar. Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly until mixture comes to boil. Boil for one minute. Pour immediately over baked base. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Let stand for 2 minutes. Sprinkle choc chips on top. Let stand for 2-3 minutes (once choc chips are melty), spread evenly. Sprinkle with chopped nuts.