Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A wonderful home-made,old fashioned treat that would make a great gift for friends,family and neighbors..or,you! 8)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips (milk or semi)
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 seperated egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 275.
- Gease a 15x10x1 jellyroll pan.
- Beat together the butter and sugar,beat until well mixed.
- Add in egg yolk,beating until combined.
- Slowly adding in flour and cinnamon,keep beating.
- Press batter into pan.
- With a fork,beat the egg white then brush over dough.
- Sprinkle pecans and lightly press into the dough.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until edged lightly brown.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips,and leave to stand for around 3 minutes.
- With a knife,swirl the chocolate chips.
- Cut while warm into bars/triangles,etc.
- Let cool before eating.
I made these last night and they are more of a bar cookie but unlike the previous rater I could tell by the ingredients how it would come out. This recipe contains FLOUR, so how the rater thought it would actually be candy like I have no idea. Thank you for a good recipe. Some people take the recipe titles a little too serious.
This is not a TOFFEE, even though its listed as one. It is a cookie type square with chocolate. The cookie base is very hard, I'm one of those people who likes a soft cookie, so this wasn't anything like what I was expecting.