Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
The name says it all. These are baked in a square pan and are the perfect size for a small household.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 -4 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 8-inch square pan.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2 cup margarine and sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1/2 cup chocolate syrup and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Pour into greased pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- In small bowl, combine all frosting ingredients, adding enough milk for desired spreading consistency; beat until smooth.
- Spread over cooled brownies.
- Cut into bars.
- Microwave Directions: Grease 10x6-inch (1 1/2 qt.) microwave-safe dish.
- Prepare brownies as directed above.
- Pour into greased dish.
- Microwave on MEDIUM for 8 minutes, rotating dish 1/2 turn halfway through cooking.
- Microwave on HIGH for 2 to 3 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool completely on flat surface.
- Prepare frosting and frost as directed above.
- Cut into bars.
- Yield: 12 to 16 bars.
Very good brownies Sharon. Nice brownie texture and taste and the white frosting made a nice contrast to the chocolate brownie. Thanks for the recipe!
Sharon - I have barely ever used the microwave for a baked good because I don't like the texture but this is one of those recipes that I will make again in the future because it turned out so well. A nice moist brownie. It is not overly sweet or chocolately so next time I may add in a bit of cocoa with the flour. The icing was a nice special touch to the brownies...I did watch as I measured out and used a bit less butter and a less milk and it turned out fine. Made for Photo Tag Game.
Nice microwave recipe! I quartered it and cooked for 3 minutes on medium then on high in 30 second intervals until it was nearly set. I used Splenda instead of sugar and sugar-free "sirop de menthe" (French mint syrup) instead of the chocolate syrup and added a tablespoon of cocoa powder to the flour, but it still turned out really well and not too 'rubbery' like some microwave recipes do. Thanks for an easy brownie recipe that doesn't require an oven!