Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This came from Taste of Home.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups chocolate chips, melted (12 ounces)
- In a mixing bowl cream butter and sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla, mix well.
- Combine flour, soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Add oats, cornflakes and coconut.
- Shape into 1 balls and place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Flatten with glass dipped lightly in flour.
- Bake at 350º for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
- FOR FILLING: Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add chocolate and mix well.
- Spread on cookies to make sandwiches.
- Keep in the fridge.
We love oatmeal and chocolate around here, so that makes this a popular recipe for us! It is often requested by my children when they have friends spend the night. Many of the steps are very kid-friendly: rolling the balls, flattenig the cookies (my boys can get a little carried away with this), and then spreading the filling and making the "sandwiches". I got it from Taste of Home and was about to post it, but found you already had.