Recipe by Annacia
Chocolate and cherry perfection!! The flavors of rich semi-sweet chocolate and cherries make these biscotti doubly delicious. These simply sweet cookies pair wonderfully with your afternoon coffee or tea.
Top Review by Boomette
They taste so yummy. But I had a problem with the dough. It was too hard to mix. I added 1/2 cup of skim milk. Cause it was impossible for me to stir the dried cherries and chocolate in the dough. Thanks Annacia. Made for Photo tag game
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided or 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cherries, chopped or 5 ounces dried cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 325º F. Grease baking sheet.
- Microwave 2/3 cup morsels in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on high (100%) power for 45 seconds; stir (the chips may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted).
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
- Beat sugar and butter in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract; beat until combined.
- Stir in melted chocolate.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture.
- Stir in cherries and 1 cup chips.
- Shape dough with floured hands on prepared baking sheet into two 9 x 2 1/2-inch logs.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until slightly firm to the touch and cracked on top. Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes.
- Slide log onto cutting board and cut each log into 12, 3/4-inch slices. Return to baking sheet cut side down.
- Bake, turning once, for 20 minutes or until firm.
- Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
- Place remaining 1/3 cup chocolate chips in small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 30 to 45 seconds; knead.
- Cut a tiny corner from bag and drizzle over cooled biscotti.
- Let stand until drizzle is set.
- Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.