1/3 Photos of Chocolaty and Gooey Brownies
These brownies are chocolaty and gooey and not low in anything! When we made them I wanted to use up the rest of the miniature marshmallows that I had which wasn't close to 1 pound - but in reality closer to 1/2 cup - however using the full amount would make them even more scrumptious and gooey I imagine. Recipe source: Reader's Digest Edited: the frosting part of this recipe was corrected after one reviewer mentioned that the directions weren't clear.
My Private Note
pan bro ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa (we use Hersey's)
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups nuts (optional)
- 1 lb miniature marshmallow (see note in description)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2In a large bowl combine the 1 cup softened butter, 2 cups sugar, 1/3 cup cocoa and the 4 eggs.
- 3Stir in the flour, vanilla, salt and nuts (if using).
- 4Pour into greased 1-inch deep baking sheet (or a large baking pan; we used a 9 x 13 pan but had to cook the brownies longer).
- 5Bake for 20 minutes.
- 6Cover with marshmallows. (I used quite a bit less but with great results).
- 7Bake 3 to 5 minutes so marshmallows can melt.
- 8To make frosting: mix together remaining ingredients (1 1/3 cups powdered sugar,butter, cocoa, and evaporated milk) using an electric mixer.
- 9Frost brownies when brownies are cool.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolaty and Gooey Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (2102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7299.6
- Calories from Fat 2818
- Total Fat 313.1 g
- Saturated Fat 190.1 g
- Cholesterol 1602.4 mg
- Sodium 3874.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1113.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.5 g
- Sugars 821.8 g
- Protein 72.5 g