Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chocolate cookies with a hint of rum from the Nabolom Bakery in CA, according to the "You Asked for it" section of Gourmet magazine.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter, softened (3 sticks)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 325 F and have ready some lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together butter and sugar until smooth, then add rum and beat well.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after you add each one.
- Gradually add flour mixture to the butter mixture just until blended well.
- Form dough into 25 balls and bake until the tops begin to crackle, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to racks to cool.