Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from inside a wrapper of a Nestle Chocolatier Premium Baking Chocolate, Dark Chocolate 53% Cacao Bar. It's suggested that it be served with fresh fruit, cake cubes and/or pretzels. I haven't made it yet, but would probably increase the amount of orange zest.
- 2⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, baking bar finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur (optional)
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, chopped fine
- Heat cream in small, heavy-duty saucepan over MEDIUM-HIGH heat, & bring JUST to a boil.
- Remove from heat, & add chocolate, stirring until smooth.
- Add liqueur & zest, mixing well.
- Transfer fondue to fondue pot, & place over low heat.
- Stir often while on heat, while serving.
I did half the recipe. I heated the cream in the microwave until boiling. Then I added the chocolate and it melted to perfection. I used Grand Marnier. And we loved it. I wouldn't change a thing. It's perfect. Thanks Syd :) Made for 123 hit wonders
Syd, I used Belgian dark chocolate for this fondue. I made everything exactly as stated in your recipe. We ate this with pretzels and graham cracker sticks. I think that next time I make it, I will cut the orange liqueur to 1/2 of a tablespoon. The liqueur was a tad bit too strong for our tastes--but this was still a wonderful fondue and we are enjoying eating it. Thanks for another good recipe!