Recipe by LUv 2 BaKE
Cute little easter eggs with a hint of chocolate and peanut butter that kids (and adults) love. These eggs are so easy, since they are basically Rice Krispie Cake. These eggs can be individually wraped so they can be hidden with commercial wrapped chocolate easter eggs if you are doing an egg hunt for your kids.
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 125 g marshmallows (about 20 large)
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
- 1⁄8 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or more if you are looking for a stronger chocolate flavour)
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips (or peanut butter chips or white chocolate chips)
- chocolate sprinkles or rainbow candy sprinkles
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt margarine and peanut butter.
- Stir in marshmallows, stir until melted and well blended. Stir in chocolate chips until melted; remove from heat.
- Stir in Rice Krisies until coated.
- Working quickly, shape Rice Krispies into egg shapes.
- It is useful to have a hollow plastic egg you can press the rice krispies into as a form; we use a jello egg mold, then press the two half eggs together by hand.
- If Rice Krispie mixture starts to harden, replace saucepan over low heat.
- Let Rice Krispie eggs cool in fridge or at room temperature.
- When cool, melt butterscotch chips in microwave on low heat for about 30 seconds at a time stirring often - careful not to burn!
- Spread melted butterscotch chips on the top of each eggs; dip egg into chocolate sprinkles.
- Let eggs cool; individually wrap in saran wrap.
- This recipe makes about 14 medium-large eggs.