Recipe by 6 pack mama
Who doesn't love Chocolate and peanut butter together? This recipe is very versatile, you can easily make it your "own" to suit your taste buds. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco (butter flavored)
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 30 miniature peanut butter cups, cut in halfs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, Crisco, peanut butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, and baking soda; then stir into the peanut butter mixture. If mixture seems to stiff add 1-2TBS of water.
- Mix in the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and peanut butter cups.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Cookies should appear not quite done; they will finish baking on the sheet once removed.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on sheet before removing to finish baking and so they won't fall apart.
- You can use all butter if you desire instead of butter/Crisco mix.
- You can omit cocoa.
- You can use 10 regular sized peanut butter cups cut in 8ths in place of the minis.
- If you freeze the cut peanut butter cups before adding to the batter they will stay more intact and give the cookie a different texture/taste.
- You can substitute 2 cups of peanut butter/chocolate swirl chips in place of the cup each of Chocolate and peanut butter chips.