Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Who doesn't love Chocolate and peanut butter together? This recipe is very versatile, you can easily make it your "own" to suit your taste buds. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco (butter flavored)
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 30 miniature peanut butter cups, cut in halfs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, Crisco, peanut butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, and baking soda; then stir into the peanut butter mixture. If mixture seems to stiff add 1-2TBS of water.
- Mix in the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and peanut butter cups.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Cookies should appear not quite done; they will finish baking on the sheet once removed.
- Let cool for 5 minutes on sheet before removing to finish baking and so they won't fall apart.
- You can use all butter if you desire instead of butter/Crisco mix.
- You can omit cocoa.
- You can use 10 regular sized peanut butter cups cut in 8ths in place of the minis.
- If you freeze the cut peanut butter cups before adding to the batter they will stay more intact and give the cookie a different texture/taste.
- You can substitute 2 cups of peanut butter/chocolate swirl chips in place of the cup each of Chocolate and peanut butter chips.