Recipe by LUv 2 BaKE
These are very dark, chocolately cookies with a bit more than a hint of coffee. If you prefer a stronger taste of coffee, increase the coffee crystals 1 1/2 tbsp.
Top Review by katii
These were pretty good cookies. I made them gluten-free by using a blend of rice, buckwheat, tapioca, and corn flours. I really like the blend of dark chocolate, coffee, and cinnamon! They were a bit fragile but I'm sure that is because of my flours. Thanks for posting.
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 egg whites (or 1 whole egg)
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt (or plain yogurt plus 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons instant coffee crystals
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl beat together margarine and brown sugar, add egg whites and yogurt, mix well.
- Mix in the cocoa, coffee crystals, and baking soda.
- Finally add in the cinnamon and flours; mix well.
- Roll into teaspoon (or so) sized balls. If you feel it is needed, cover and chill dough 2 hours to firm it up (I have never had a problem with dough stickyness and therefore don't chill the dough).
- Place dough balls about 2" apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes until edges are firm.
- Yield 45 small cookies.