Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
These tasty crunchy bites take only 5 minutes to make. They are highly customizeable and a blast for kids to make. Although there is peanut butter included, the flavor is very subtle. Another recipe from my crazy experiments in the kitchen!
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons natural-style peanut butter, unsalted
- 1 cup cereal (popped rice, flakes, etc)
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave or on the stovetop on low heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter (make sure it is unsalted peanut butter).
- Take the pot off the heat and stir in cereal until well coated. If your cereal is on the plain side, add a drizzle of maple syrup to flavor it up.
- Drop by big spoonfuls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least half an hour (try to be patient!).
These hit the spot tonight! Simple and tasty. I used flakes and added a little kosher salt. Instead of placing on the silpat by spoonful, I just dupmped it in the middle of the pan and spread it. When I was ready to eat it, I just cut off what I wanted. When good and hard cut the rest and put them away.
These are so good! I love everything about them! The pb and chocolate go so well with the cereal (in my case puffed oat squares). A really easy to make and very delicious combination.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your recipe here with us, ravenhood! I will definitely make this often again!
Made and reviewed for one of my babies during PAC Spring 2012.
I used rice krispies. That's so easy to do. And so yummy. Perfect for when I'm craving sweet and don't want to bake. Thanks Ravenhood :) Made for All you can cook buffet