Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This has less sugar than some recipes, which gives it a rich chocolatey taste with cocoa rather than solid chocolate. That makes it easier to make and means this pudding has less fat than some. I got this from a friend and it quickly became an "old reliable" for me.
- In a small saucepan, combine cocoa, cornstarch and sugar until thoroughly mixed.
- Add milk and stir until no lumps remain.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat.
- The pudding will suddenly thicken near the boiling point.
- After it thickens, cook for 1 more minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour into small bowls or cups.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Good solid chocolate blancmange recipe. My only gripe was the number of servings - the recipe says 4. I barely had enough to stretch to a very stingy 3 and it would have been better for 2 in the amount stated as a lot of milk effectively cooked off while waiting to thicken up.