Recipe by andypandy
Chocolate and cherry what could be better ???nothing!!!
Top Review by Zewbiedoo
Dried cherries soaked in kirsch is one of my favorite ingredients so I had to try this recipe. However, even though I only baked them 20 minutes they were a little dry and crumbly inside. Perhaps it was my oven? The taste was good - what's not to like about chocolate and cherries? -- but I was hoping for something a little more rich or moist.
- 3⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 1⁄4 cup kirsch liqueur
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 3 beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine dried cherries with the kirsh in a saucepan cook on low heat until all liquid is absorbed.
- Set aside to cool.
- Melt in a small saucepot over low heat the butter and chopped chocolate, remove and set aside to cool.
- Beat the eggs with the white sugar until creamy and fluffy.
- Beat in the sour cream.
- Now add in the cooled chocolate mixture and stir by hand well.
- Stir together all the dry ingredients and then add to the chocolate mixture.
- Combine well.
- Gently stir in the cherries.
- Fill greased muffin tins, or lined tins with paper cups, filling to the tops.
- Bake 20 minutes to 25 minutes until tester comes away clean.
- Dust with powdered icing sugar when cool, or just before serving.