Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My favorite recipe from my mother-in-law. We often put vanilla ice cream on it, for dessert. Sometimes I replace the nuts with more chocolate chips. Yum!
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- In a bowl, beat eggs until light. Gradually add sugar, oil, and vanilla.
- Stir in melted chocolate and zucchini. (I usually try to make sure everything is at room temperature, so the chocolate doesn't just go back to little pieces).
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Add to zucchini mixture and mix well.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Divide batter between 2 greased and floured 5x9 loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.