Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe on Allrecipes. It is so delicious! Perhaps not for those on a low-fat diet, but all in all, pretty good for you. Moist, chocolate-y and so good. My husband hates zucchini, but he will eat these. Prep time does not include shredding zucchini. At the advice of a reviewer, I am posting this note. If you find that the cocoa will clump if you mix it with the vanilla and zucchini, you can add it instead with the flour and other dry ingredients. Enjoy!
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease two 12 cup muffin tins with shortening or line with paper cups.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- Beat in sugar and oil.
- Add cocoa, vanilla, zucchini, and stir well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices.
- Mix just until moist.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins until 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Store loosely covered.
I followed someone else's advice and put chocolate chips in these and they were SO yummy! I also substituted 1/2 the oil with unsweetened applesauce and 1/4 of the flour with wheat flour. I'll definitely make them again
With 10 zucchini in the refrigerator I wanted to get rid of a few in a batch of muffins. These are really great tasting and have a nice texture, especially the crispy tops. Next time I will use paper liners because even though I greased non-stick pans, boy did they stick! I followed the recipe exactly except I forgot the vanilla and only had two eggs so I added a quarter cup of sourdough starter. Oh, and I made 18 good sized muffins.
Wonderful & super moist. I made these muffuns with 3/4 c applesauce and 1/4 c coconut oil to replace the veg oil. I left out the spices due to my picky eaters. They tasted great! Will be making these again for sure.