I found this recipe on Allrecipes. It is so delicious! Perhaps not for those on a low-fat diet, but all in all, pretty good for you. Moist, chocolate-y and so good. My husband hates zucchini, but he will eat these. Prep time does not include shredding zucchini. At the advice of a reviewer, I am posting this note. If you find that the cocoa will clump if you mix it with the vanilla and zucchini, you can add it instead with the flour and other dry ingredients. Enjoy!
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease two 12 cup muffin tins with shortening or line with paper cups.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs.
- Beat in sugar and oil.
- Add cocoa, vanilla, zucchini, and stir well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices.
- Mix just until moist.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tins until 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Store loosely covered.