Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are super moist and super good for you (not to mention super delicious!). These will make a zucchini eater out of anyone!
- 3 whole egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup zucchini (shredded)
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and grease 12 muffin cups with non-stick spray.
- Combine all ingredients except zucchini.
- Stir in zucchini.
- Fill the muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or until muffins test done.
I just made these today, and they seem great to me! I added chocolate chips, but drained the zucchini as suggested by @slprout in another review, so the muffins aren't too mushy. They don't rise very much, but that didn't effect the taste at all. They are soft and yummy! I would definitely advise anyone on WW or another diet to double-check the points values (or whatever you go by). I checked it myself, and especially with the new points formula, it actually comes out to about 3 points.
Not good at all.
The trick is to squeeze all of the juice out of the grated zucchini before adding to batter. These muffins are delicious.