Recipe by coconutty
Inspired by Rita--’s recipe Chocolate Zucchini Bread (Cake) (Chocolate Zucchini Bread(Cake)). I used raw hazelnuts and left the membranes on. You could substitute one cup all-purpose flour for the oat and soy flours. This is also good baked in an 8-inch square pan, like brownies, in which case you would reduce the baking time.
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup coarsely grated zucchini
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 3⁄4 cup organic oat flour
- 1⁄4 cup organic soy flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped hazelnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl combine and oil and eggs. Add sugar; mix.
- Stir in vanilla and zucchini.
- In a separate bowl, combine cocoa, flours, baking soda, salt and spices; gradually stir into liquid mixture to combine.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake about 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- NOTE: This also turned out well when made low-fat: I used 1/4 cup oil and 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce.