Recipe by Rita~
It's zucchini time and I can't cook it fast enough. I have so much of it in my garden this year. This Tropical chocolate cake has a hint of cinnamon, dried cherries but you can use raisins and my Zucchini, Pineapple, Ginger Jam Zucchini, Pineapple, Ginger Jam in the frosting but you can use any pineapple jam.
Top Review by HeatherFeather
Delicious cake. I loved the chopped cherries in this, which you could taste and see in every bite. Very moist and tender cake. MIne took 55 minutes exactly. I did use Zucchini, Pineapple, Ginger Jam recipe #95600,as recommended, in the icing and it was an excellent compliment to the cake - a litle tangy and a little sweet. A nice idea for a church social or ladies coffee.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups packed shredded zucchini (Skin and all)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dried tart cherry
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple preserves (or Zucchini, Pineapple, Ginger Jam Zucchini, Pineapple, Ginger Jam)
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift by hand or mix all dry ingredients in a food processor with metal blade set aside.
- In the food processor add butter, oil and sugar mix till creamy add eggs then vanilla through feed tube while machine is running.
- Add zucchini then flour mixture.
- Add cherries and pulse to mix inches Bake in a geased and floured bundt pan at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- When toothpick inserted into cake cames out clean.
- In the food processor mix cheese and jam spread on cooled cake.
- Press coconut into frosting of cake.