Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is not a bunch different from many other recipes here at Recipezaar, the prinicple difference being that it uses sour cream instead of buttermilk. This version of the recipe comes from a church cook book. I used this recipe because most zucchini chocolate cake recipes had rather shocking amounts of eggs, oil and even chocolate in them as if the zucchini some how nullified any less healthy ingredients. I will submit this as written and then share what I do to lighten it and turn it into cupcakes/muffins, which I leave unfrosted. Even lightened up, this has a nice moist texture and is very tasty.
- Cream butter, oil and sugar.
- Add eggs, vanilla, sour cream and cocoa to mixture; mix well.
- Then add zucchini, flour, salt, soda, and baking powder.
- Bake in a greased 9 x 13 inch pan at 350 degrees until it tests done OR.
- Bake in muffin tins lined with cup cake papers in a 350 degree oven for 25 to 28 minutes.
- To LIGHTEN IT UP, I use 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup canola oil and 1/2 cup applesauce. I also use 1 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour and 1 cup white flour.