Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 8 mins
Cook 35 mins
A great way to use those extra zukes. Low fat too! Serve with a dollop of low-fat nondairy topping and some fresh berries.
- 2 cups zucchini, finely grated (about 2 medium, 6-inch-long, unpeeled)
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I use the dark kind)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients and mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool. Cut into 15 servings (5 rows in one direction and 3 in the other).
This cake is really good and moist! With a husband with diabetes that has a killer sweet tooth this was just the thing. I added some semi-sweet chocolate chips and walnuts. It freezes really well too.