Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This cake is absolutley delicious, moist and chocolatey - no one will ever guess there's zucchini in it!
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to moderate heat and grease and line a ring tin.
- Sift bicarb soda, flour, salt, cinnamon, and cocoa- set aside.
- Place butter, oil, sugar, orange rind and vanilla essence together in a bowl and mix well.
- Add egg, then zucchini until combined, add dry ingredients and milk.
- Pour into the greased ring pan, sprinkle with the topping and cook in oven for 30 minutes.