Recipe by Cookie Jarvis
Wowee! What a moist, delicious cake. Do not bother telling people there is zucchini in it, they might not like it as much as if you tell them it is decadent. But really, you would never know the difference. Only a half cup of oil in the entire cake.
Top Review by Cilantro in Canada
It is always a sign of a solid five star recipe when my kids come home from school and the recipe I made is devoured. That is what happened when I made this recipe. I used zucchini that I had chopped and frozen this past summer. I just drained the excess liquid before using. I also substituted applesauce for the oil. This was easy and fast to make. Thanks for the recipe.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt or 1⁄2 cup sour milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pureed zucchini
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs.
- Whisk in sugar.
- Add oil, yogurt and vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture.
- Fold in zucchini, mixing well.
- Pour into greased and floured tube pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes in 350 degree oven.
- Let cool 10 minutes.
- Remove from tube pan.