Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A yummy chocolate cake! Very moist...Another one of those recipes from mom, that I have no idea where it came from!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1⁄2-1 cup chocolate chips
- Cream sugar, butter, and oil together in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, vanilla, buttermilk, mix well.
- measure dry ingredients in sifter, sift into bowl.
- Mix well, then add zucchini, grating it into bowl.
- Stir well until blended.
- Pour into greased floured 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and bake@ 325 for 45 minutes.
- Instead of using chocolate chips, the cake can be frosted.
Excellent! Exactly like my mom used to make!