Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my Aunt's recipe and it's a really good chocolate cake recipe and the zucchini makes it nice and moist. You can make it vegan or not. I make this without icing because I don't like all that sweetness. So, feel free to add your favorite chocolate icing. Enjoy!
- 118.29 ml butter (or vegan butter)
- 59.14 ml canola oil
- 414.03 ml sugar
- 2 eggs (or 1 banana, vegan option)
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml sour milk (mix 1 teaspoon lemon with milk or soy or rice milk and let stand for five minutes)
- 591.47 ml flour
- 73.94 ml cocoa
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml clove
- 473.18 ml shredded zucchini
- 118.29 ml chocolate chips
- Mix butter, oil, and sugar, add eggs and vanilla, mix together.
- Next add dry ingredients along with milk.
- Add zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes in a bundt pan or use a 9X13 baking dish and reduce time to bake to maybe 35 minutes. Don't over bake or this cake will come out dry!