Recipe by Lisa Clarice
This is my Aunt's recipe and it's a really good chocolate cake recipe and the zucchini makes it nice and moist. You can make it vegan or not. I make this without icing because I don't like all that sweetness. So, feel free to add your favorite chocolate icing. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter (or vegan butter)
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs (or 1 banana, vegan option)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sour milk (mix 1 teaspoon lemon with milk or soy or rice milk and let stand for five minutes)
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix butter, oil, and sugar, add eggs and vanilla, mix together.
- Next add dry ingredients along with milk.
- Add zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes in a bundt pan or use a 9X13 baking dish and reduce time to bake to maybe 35 minutes. Don't over bake or this cake will come out dry!