Prep 35 mins
Cook 1 hr
Got this recipe either out of the Rocky Mountain News or Denver Post several years ago. It was a contest winner. I went through all of the Chocolate Zucchini cake recipes and mine is a little different. Cooling time is not included in bake time. Preparation time is a guess.
- 2 1⁄2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups zucchini, grated and unpeeled
- 2 teaspoons orange peel, grated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- Generously grease a 12 cup bundt pan. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In medium bowl combine first 6 ingredients; set aside.
- In large mixer bowl with mixer at medium speed beat butter or margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and continue beating until well mixed.
- Stir in zucchini, orange peel and vanilla. Alternately stir in dry ingredients, milk and nuts.
- Pour into greased Bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Invert pan to remove.
- Spread with orange glaze.
- Orange Glaze;.
- In small bowl combine confectioners' sugar, orange juice and peel.
- Stir until smooth.
- Drizzle on cooled cake.