Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
Another way to use up all that zucchini! Moist and tasty. It can be used as a breakfast bread since it isn't as sweet as some chocolate zucchini breads.
Top Review by Ben's Mom
I made this recipe into mini muffins. They were like little chocolate cake bites. Yum!!! They were even more moist the day after. Thanks for a great recipe. I made these again and substituted the chocolate chips and have to say they become very dangerous w/ that little adjustment. :) Also on my second attempt I made them in advance and froze them to make a quick addition for breakfast Christmas morning. They freeze great!!!
- 3 eggs
- 354.88 ml white sugar
- 88.74 ml cocoa
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil
- 473.18 ml grated zucchini
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 177.44 ml walnuts (may substitute chocolate chips if you wish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, cocoa, oil, grated zucchini, and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir in the flour baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out clean.